Friday, June 7, 2013

Women Fighters In Reasonable Armor

Player avatars of a human warrior and elven archer from...



Player avatars of a human warrior and elven archer from Illyriad

Ashnira

One of my D&D characters, a rogue/paladin.  She’s a striker, not a tank, so I wanted her in armor that would be easier to move in, but still provide protection.  I’m still working on making practical armor! 

http://dubird.deviantart.com/art/Ashnira-320004553

Guide My Blade by Angela...



Guide My Blade by Angela Sasser

http://angelasasser.deviantart.com/art/Guide-My-Blade-149758373

Hi! Your awesome blog has inspired me to do a concept of a...



Hi! Your awesome blog has inspired me to do a concept of a female warrior character. It's waaay out of my comfort zone: I rarely draw females and it's my first time drawing a knight/knight armor. I'm pretty happy with the result though. I hope you would like it too. Cheers!
-Elena.

Longboat Captain

Longboat Captain

by ~DevBurmak

This is Titania from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem:...



This is Titania from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. The artist is Senri Kita, whose site is located here:

http://xt.sakura.ne.jp/~yan/scribble/top.html

IDS Soldier

Here’s a suggestion for reasonable armour in a more modern sense. She’s a soldier of IDS, a vicious PMC seeking to conquer a post-apocalyptic world in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

I like it, very PMC-y. Thanks :)

This is Jerusa Willfork, the artist-turned-barbarian NPC in my...



This is Jerusa Willfork, the artist-turned-barbarian NPC in my DnD session. I drew her the other day and posted to my art blog. She spent most of the campaign in a dress, and now her girlfriend managed to get enough money to buy some proper armor for her honey :)

Knight of the Reliquary

By Michael Kormarck for the Magic: The Gathering TCG, Conflux expansion

http://www.komarckart.com/ccg_mtg11.htm

  "Captain Arianna Balthasar" by Nebezial on DeviantArt. 



  "Captain Arianna Balthasar" by Nebezial on DeviantArt. 

Women in Armor Event - Higgins Armory Museum

Saturdays in March - Women in Armor

Have you ever wondered what the women were up to while the men were away fighting dressed in their shiny armor? Somewhere between stories of damsels-in-distress and myths of man-killing amazons lies the historical reality of women and warfare. Was there such a thing as 'warrior-women'? Did they wear armor? Would women really wait to be rescued or would they rescue themselves? Could these distressed damsels in fact boss knights around? 

 Well now is the chance to find out! Discover the larger influence of women from historical luminaries, such as Boudicca Queen of the Iceni, Joan of Arc and Elizabeth I of England; to the everyday roles of women in Ancient Times and the Viking Age. All month there shall be opportunities to learn about these not so defenseless women! 

 
Higgins Armory Museum 100 Barber Avenue, Worcester, MA 01606

http://www.higgins.org/womeninarmor?utm_source=March+2013&utm_campaign=March+2013+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

 

Hight Elves armor

hight elves armor 1by ~Shattan

Artisan Crafts / Leatherwork©2009-2013 ~Shatta

Chainmail Armor

Hi! This is me, dressed up for a local Camelot-themed horseback ride.

imageimage

"Masha Scream"

I can tell you that this is Maria Archipova/ “Masha Scream” promoting an album for her band Arkona. Can’t find the photographer’s name though, sorry about that.

image

For a project last year i made a lady game character in 3D. I would describe her as...

For a project last year i made a lady game character in 3D. I would describe her as reasonably armored.

I have all my Hi-res, WIPs and junk tagged on my tumblr if people are interested :) 

Looks pretty practical to me....

http://larp-pics.tumblr.com/post/42334621040

Mascha by Tokala

RPG character, Das Schwarze Auge, Katharina Niko, Tokala, tokala.deviantart.com

GASP! BOOB PLATES! I understand the point you are making,...





GASP! BOOB PLATES!

I understand the point you are making, guys… but seriously… I don't need my Inbox flooded with people complaining about how "That set of platemail that completely covered the woman in every way imaginable isn't practical enough to be on this blog because her boobs are too sculpted."

I try to avoid outrageous examples of "armor sculpting" when I post examples, but it's probably going to show up a little once and a while. If you don't like it, then fine… skip to the next picture.

Hi! Inspired by eschergirls & your reblog of LuckyFK's 'Fantasy Armor' satirical picture I decided to propose a new initiative: a blog dedicated to images of potential battle damage caused by ridiculous female warrior outfits. I'm willing to moderate such Tumblr, BUT as it's supposed to be mainly submission-driven (à la Hawkeye Initiative), response from potential artists and fans is needed to start out. Can I count on support from womenfighters and its fans? And maybe blog name suggestions?

I think that's an amusing idea, and I wish you luck with it!

I am generally really busy and just manage to get on here long enough to keep the posts going, but feel free to discuss the topic amongst yourselves. :)

Another video game one. Viola the Valkyrie, from Radiant...



Another video game one. Viola the Valkyrie, from Radiant Historia. That's her official art, BTW, so not sure where to source it to.

Tried looking for the original artist, but all I could find was links to the "Radiant Historia Official World Guidance Art Book" with no actual names of the artists on the sites. - The Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment